Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Looking for Art? Palette Earth is your answer

Wondering where I'll be this weekend?  Well, I'm going up to the Northwest Corner of CT to check out Fran Gormley's photography show at the White Gallery in Lakeville.  I am familiar with her work through my job and its so different from any other photography I've ever seen.

Fran Gormley, though afraid of heights, goes up in a helicopter and photographs the earth.

Are these not breathtaking?  The shot of deep blue is so stunning. 

I love the movement in this photograph. 

She does no color alterations on her photographs.  This green is so pretty and serene. 

Though I love the color ones but this neutral one is gorgeous.  The texture is so vivid. 

What do you all think?  I am just so drawn to these because they are not what you usually see in arial shots of the earth.  They appear like an abstract painting in some of them.  I'm also just blown away that this is what an ocean looks like, or a dessert, or a river looks like from above.  I'm really looking forward to the show this Saturday--check out The White Gallery for more information.  Also, take a look at Fran Gormley's website to see more of her beautiful work. 

Alicia B. 

No comments: