Wednesday, August 1, 2012

On My Radar

A few months ago I was designing a beach house playroom on the Hamptons and I came across a new designer I hadn't heard of before while looking for mural wallpaper: Jarlath Mellett.  Starting out in fashion heading up the design of Brooks Brothers, Eddie Bauer and Theory, he certainly has a lot to offer the world of interior design.  

Sometimes I feel like I style bookcases for a living, and I love the way he did this one with firewood.  The ceiling is stunning as well. 

Speaking of stunning, in this seemingly minimal space there is so much going on.  This piece of marble is breathtaking and notice the small side table in the foreground.  What is that? 

Here we get to the large scale murals that led me to him in the first pace.  Not necessarily my style but this certainly makes a statement in a bedroom.

This, I love. Surprised?  Sometimes photography can be too graphic feeling in a space but this adds an abstract element to an otherwise ordinary room.
Who doesn't love a good horse photograph these days?  I also adore the little Hermes "H" peeking out from behind the other throw pillows in this Amagansett living room.

Jarlath has also designed many stores in NYC including a Theory, Helmut Lang, and this Rebecca Taylor store.  Beautiful and feminine and a little bit playful.
He also has a fabulous looking store with furniture, tabletop, wallpapers, and more.  I'd love to visit it, but it's in Amagansett.
Check out his website, HERE for more info slash amazing spaces.  I'm thoroughly impressed, how about you? 

Alicia B.

No comments: