Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Obsession Continues



It's been a while since I obsessed over the color yellow so I think I'm due for it.  My boss hates yellow--apparently she grew up in a yellow bedroom and has been traumatized for life.  I, on the other hand, did not, and I love yellow! My current bedroom is basically 50 shades of blue and I have ONE pop of yellow on a throw blanket over a chair.  Let's take a look at yellow and blue combos!



I could always paint our nightstands yellow but they are a very pretty brown stain and my husband might kill me. A dash of yellow fabric in a pillow might just do. 

A neat and crisp bed is finished off with a yellow chevron boudoir pillow and a little yellow box on the night stand. 

A lovely and open blue and white living room has small pops of yellow with pillows, lamps, and National Geographics. This is literally the best use of Nat Geo I've ever seen. 
In this John Willey house, the walls are painted yellow with accents of blue throughout. The glass balls are my favorite! 
The rug isn't my fave but I have blue walls like this in our bedroom and I love the pop of yellow.  
As pure coincidence, I'm wearing my yellow skinny pants from Madewell and a navy blue blouse from Banana Republic.  I'm pretty excited about it and yellow just makes me happy.  I'll let you know how I get my yellow on in my bedroom. Do you get yellow in your bedroom or living room? 

Alicia B. 

1 comment:

Raina Cox said...

One of my favorite color combos! We have navy walls in our master with inky blue ikat bedding. There is one lone yellow pillow on the bed made of old saris.

I once went to a color theory lecture where I was told yellow rooms incite people to argue. And purple kills the libido (my guest bedroom is grape).