Friday, April 19, 2013

Congratulations, Boston

Beautiful Beacon Hill.  My mom and many of my good friends lived in this gorgeous area of Boston. 

I started this post with the tense mood of NBC/CNN on tv trying to find the Boston Bomber and now they've found him! I've been thinking a lot about Boston, as a native New Englander myself, and trying to stay positive in the midst of a bad situation.  I'm so happy everyone is now safe. There are many great things that come out of Boston--beautiful buildings, critical historical events that formed our great country, amazing food, and lots and lots of my friends live there too.


A delicious Boston Creme Pie Cupcake


Boston Terrier Puppy having a goooooood stretch. 


Many of my favorite designers are in Boston.  This fabulous shot is by Theodore and Co. Not a HUGE fan of the lantern but I do love the blue and white chair fabric and the artwork. 
Artwork created by Zachary Smith in the midst of tragedy after the Marathon. Proof that something good can come out of something horrific. 
Sculptures inspired by the book, Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey. My husband and I came to Boston when we were first dating.  


Another fabulous designer is super cute Annsley McAleer.  I've always wanted to use this Phillip Jeffries wallpaper that she used as an accent wall in this bedroom.


I think I can speak for everyone when I say how happy and relieved everyone is for the city of Boston right now.  Some of my favorite bloggers come from Boston: Party Resources, Everything LEB, Dear Friend, Elements of Style, and former Bostonite The Garden of Eden (who I cheered on running the Boston marathon with my sister 4 years ago).  I know they are all so happy (given the circumstances) at the final outcome of this horrible tragic event. Congratulations Boston!


Alicia B. 

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Yes, big relief.
The "Make Way for Ducklings" statue is darling. I read that book to my class each year. It is a great one to teach about "Pronouns"!

Carolyn said...

Yes, big relief.
The "Make Way for Ducklings" statue is darling. I read that book to my class each year. It is a great one to teach about "Pronouns"!

LindsB said...

I love this post! It was the WORST week all around last week and then Friday when they got him it was like an elephant was lifted from our shoulders. We still have a long way to go- but its a step in the right direction :)