Monday, October 19, 2009

Pink Drapery Adventure

Here are only a few of the pink fabrics that I was working with. We ended up going with a soft and sweet silk taffeta.

As I mentioned before, over the weekend I was going to visit a client's to advise them on new updated pink drapery for their bedroom. As pink is my favorite colors, the fabric shopping I did for this was incredibly fun for me. Here are some pictures of rooms with pink drapery that I think are just fantastic.

Sixx Design. This is a sweet and fun kid's room with fun flowery drapery. Also please note the wall of pink red and yellow flowers. A living wall? In a little girl's room? LOVE.

House Beautiful. I think i might have posted this before but it is true perfection for me. This guest room has the perfect relaxing shade of pink and I can't resist a Dash and Albert rug. I love how the light shines through the pink curtains.

House Beautiful. Again, pink and green had me at hello. This is a more subtle shade of pink and certainly lightens the room.

Country Living. I love nearly everything in this room except for the powdery pink cabinet on the left. Too much. I think the pink stripe drapery though is fabulous.

Bierly Drake. I saved this one for last because it's to DIE FOR. Everything in this scene is just lovely and perfect. I love how high the drapery is hung, the choice of furniture which has dark accents to counter act the light feeling in the room, and how the curtains are all cinched together at the top and flow out at the bottom.


Needless to say I'm excited to see the pink drapery when it installed in a few weeks. My clients instantly loved the pink that I picked out and the fabric is on it's way! I'll show a before and after sometime soon.


Alicia B.

4 comments:

CLAIRE WATKINS, ASID ALLIED said...

Looks great-love the last image, too. Its the weight of that dark chair against the pink curtains that give the room a much needed richness. Look forward to B&A!

Daly Essentials said...

ohh I looove these!! particularly the first one. For tomorrow's pink wednesday, I might just have to forward readers on to your post - definitely my favorite pink things of the week!

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Oh I love pink, but have never really used it interiors until recently.

Can't wait to see some before and after pics as well.

Down Comforter said...

Such beautiful rooms! I absolutely LOVE the fourth one - just gorgeous :)