Friday, October 16, 2009

Random Design Inspiration Friday

Even though I gave myself a four day week this week, it was jam packed with busyness. My class just kicked into high gear and I have just about everything due next week, I'll be showing drapery fabrics to my client this weekend up in CT (SO JAZZED), and I'm working on decluttering my apartment. Hopefully I'll get a moment this weekend to just breathe. Here are some pictures that are helping me do just that!


I saw this amazing series of balloon pictures on You Are My Fave. Aren't they incredible? It reminds me of the hot air balloon races that used to happen when I was younger; all of a sudden you'd look up in the backyard and there were masses of balloons floating above you. (Btw, this has nothing to do with those lunatics who lost their son yesterday in a balloon. Weird.)

I love to photograph balloons whenever I get the chance. These are my latest; taken in Central Park a few weeks ago. Picnic Balloons.

Sixx Design is one of the most intensely inventive design firms right now. I'd just DIE for the garage door opening into the space. I wonder how that would feel to be in a space that open.

Keith Scott Morton. Everyone knows I love a good Windsor chair. The color of the door is perfect for fall right now.


In a few hours I'll be off on the train up to CT in this icky rain. I haven't been home in a while so I'm really looking forward to this. Rumor has it that we'll be eating dinner HERE! SO delish. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!


Alicia B.

2 comments:

FROM THE RIGHT BANK said...

I'm a huge Sixx Design fan too. I really love their unique take on things.

Down Pillow said...

Great images, as always. Hope you got a chance to relax this weekend :)