Sunday, December 13, 2009

Alicia B. Christmas Decorating


This is the sort of thing that I do when I'm not doing homework lately. I'm loving decorating for Christmas with little pine trees scattered about, my advent calendar and my latest addition: this gorgeous little fir tree with a tartan accent! Next stop is hanging the lights.

This is the before shot. This fabric is actually a Lee Jofa fabric sample and the ribbon is a red gros grain that I keep on hand.

And voila! I think it looks perfect on top of my little stack of antique books. I think the plaid adds a very old and cozy feel to my Christmas decorating this year.

If you need more tartan inspiration, check out Eddie Ross's bit on HGTV (one of the rare moments that I was really inspired by HGTV--sorry!!) where he decorated Kathy Lee's home in Greenwich CT, and Claire at High Gloss Blue's tartan tablescape. Both are fabulous!

Alicia B.

3 comments:

emily said...

wallace & grommet

CLAIRE WATKINS, ASID ALLIED said...

Thanks for the shout out, Alicia! Mr. Mizrahi sure is selling a plaid tartan cheesecake on qvc, too. Too far or too good? Not sure :-)

Lea said...

Hi, nice Christmas decor! The christmas tree on top of the book is spectacular.