Thursday, February 4, 2010

Friday Faves

A gorgeous dining room by Michael Smith. I'm obsessed with that lantern.

Another week is over but WHAT a weekend we have before us! Predictions of the biggest snowfall of the year and the Superbowl on Sunday! I'm not really invested in either team but I'm definitely in it for the commercials and the guacamole. I'm also making my first trip EVER to an Ikea! I've never been to one before and I'm going to go with my Dad! It will be an adventure, that's for sure.
This is a hint for an announcement that I'm going to make early next week. Can you guess what it is? www.aliciabdesigns.com Hit it.
Last night I went to a sample sale last night for Hello Robertson, a company run by a new friend of mine! They make these amazing headbands, hair clips, and now necklaces which are super cute and preppy. I bought a headband made with a vintage fabric!

I'm on a huge wallpaper kick at the moment. I'm helping another client with their wallpaper for their master bathroom and loving every moment of the search. This beautiful little bathroom is by Lynn Byrne, fellow blogger (Decor Arts Now) and designer. Is this wallpaper not fabulous and charmant (say it with a French accent)?


I'll let you all know how much FIRST EVER experience goes at Ikea. I've heard it's overwhelming but I'm pretty excited!! I am secretly excited for the snow but if it interferes with my Ikea trip, heads will roll. And by that I mean I'll have to deal with it and make a snowman instead. What are your plans?


Alicia B.

5 comments:

LindsB said...

I'm with you on the Super Bowl- I dont really care about the teams but I cant wait for the commercials. I really hope they are funny this year!

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

My husband hated IKEA (never having been there) and we needed a daybed, bought an ugly department store one for $650, then found one that was more suitable at IKEA for $150. It is super sturdy. Teenage boys use it. Returned the $650 one and now I have a convert. Enjoy yourself.

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

Just opened the Pier 1 flyer and they have a similar huge lantern for $34

Lynn Byrne said...

Alicia,
Crack me up. As the only woman in my family, I watch the super bowl for the national anthem (It tears me up--what can I say), the half time show, and the commercials!!). Though,despite the fact that all of the men in my life (the hubs and the kids) all say it is futile, I am feeling it for the Saints. So happy to hear that I am not totally alone.
Also, thanks so much for including one of my designs in Friday Faves. I appreciate it.
Have fun at Ikea (some great, some not so). All the best, Lynn

Lynn Byrne said...

Alicia,
Crack me up. As the only woman in my family, I watch the super bowl for the national anthem (It tears me up--what can I say), the half time show, and the commercials!!). Though,despite the fact that all of the men in my life (the hubs and the kids) all say it is futile, I am feeling it for the Saints. So happy to hear that I am not totally alone.
Also, thanks so much for including one of my designs in Friday Faves. I appreciate it.
Have fun at Ikea (some great, some not so). All the best, Lynn