Saturday, September 13, 2008

News Bulletin




With all my thoughts about home offices and getting organized I was thinking about changing my current bulletin board. Right now I have the standard bulletin board that I covered in fabric and stapled on the opposite side then hung from a pretty blue ribbon. Martha Stewart sent me a great idea of using an old shutter for a board to put pretty post cards, notes, and reminders. Since I don't have old shutters lying around (I haven't found my dream farm house yet!) I went looking for other ideas. Here is what I came up with:



This is a simple board covered in fabric with strings and tacks to hold the paper on the board.


Carpet squares organized as a back drop for this desk.



This is a NO TACKS method with wooden slats spaced evenly to hold papers in between.


A bit more elaborate project, this one made with fabric and ribbons wrapped around diagonally.


After I take off the fabric from mine, I hope to accomplish this sort of look above. Very clean and crisp looking.

All these can be found on Martha's website here. Have fun!



Alicia B.

1 comment:

Yummy Mommy Mia said...

Just wanted to leave a note and let you know I LOVE your blog and yoru sense of style!