Thursday, September 4, 2008

Upper West to Midwest




From an article today in the NY Times, I found this spread about a family that moved from the upper west side of Manhattan to good ol' Minneapolis, MN. They moved into an old mill and renovated it themselves! That's my ultimate design dream; to move into an old factory, an old church or just an old Victorian house with secret passages. To be honest I think the family did a pretty good job but I would have left more exposed walls, and chosen different furniture. Something about the furniture they chose doesn't work for me. What do you think?

Exposed stone wall. I approve.





I do think this door is quite cool though.





This is my fave. The enormous exposed beam with those pieces on it--love.



This bathroom is amazing, but to me it doesn't say "old mill," it says spa in Mexico.


I suppose I am a bit critical but when you move into an old mill, I demand rustic industrial perfection! Don't put a Barcelona chair in there! There was too much mixed in there for me to be happy with it. Here is the link to the article. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/04/garden/04minneapolis.html

Alicia B.

No comments: