Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Pretty in Pink and Green: Lilly Pulitzer Rousseau

Gorgeous Lilly Pulitzer Rousseau


I read an amazing article about one of my favorite clothing designers, Lilly Pulitzer in W Magazine today (you should read her story). My friends will be rolling their eyes at me, but I just love the patterns and bright colors. They are so happy and fun and remind me of summer--what is better than pink and green?? (Please keep reading my blog.) Lilly was a socialite but she didn't come without a few pitfalls on her way; anxiety attacks, and a trip to "the nuthouse," as she called it. She survived though and it started her on her way to an incredibly successful clothing line and lifelong passion. While I have several dresses and skirts, I'm still interested in Lilly Pulitzer product for the home! Check out what I found... Oh yeah, these make great gifts for the holidays, too!


There is lots of Lilly Pulitzer fabric on Ebay. HERE is the original search.
LillyGZStore for 35/two yards.


A Lilly bulletin board! Organized and preppy. Perfect.
Here is the store. $24.99


I may or may not have the year round entertaining version of this book. It was a gift, I SWEAR!

How precious is this? So pretty.
From Macy's on sale for $49!

Pink and Yellow pretty magnets made from Lilly fabric. I'd super love these on my fridge!
Etsy by Looking4Lilly for $9.95

Gingham and Lilly fabric made into an apron and perfect for Christmas as the little lions are wearing Santa hats. From etsy from Totes By Charlotte for $40


Wow, is there no end to peoples' creativity? I'm not ashamed of my girly preppy taste. I think everyone could use a little more sunshine in their lives even if it comes in the form of a Lilly Pulitzer magnet!

Alicia B.

2 comments:

VernettaSabryna said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Alena

www.smallbusinessavenues.com

meg said...

Thanks for posting this! Did you wonder about the necklace Lilly is wearing? It's from Meg Carter Designs (the "Kennebunk", on megcarterdesigns.com).

I happen to be Meg Carter, and just discovered your delightful blog when googling for an image of Lilly in my necklace. Love your blog - look forward to following you!

all the best,

Meg