Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday Faves



I'm so excited to get my weekend started this Friday! I've been tres busy this week and was sick one day so it's been hectic. I've been trying to pay a little more attention to my creative endeavors before school starts so I made a few more pillows (see below) and I've sold some more of my photography (thanks to my favorite patrons Mikey B. and Kristin! Wooo!).

This adorable pink pillow that I made is Pindler & Pindler fabric and just in time for Valentine's Day!

As I mentioned before I sold seven photographs to a client for a gallery wall that I designed for her. This vertical gallery wall caught my eye. I love the old and rustic quality to this room with the wide floorboards and framed sketches. via brown turtleneck sweater.

Isn't this room so peaceful looking? I love the fabric on that daybed and the antique mirrors over it. This Long Island residence is by Nicky Kehoe.

Has anybody seen The Young Victoria yet? It's a beautiful royal love story with gorgeous costumes, fabulous acting, and breathtaking interiors. It's still out in theatres and it's excellent so go see it.

I'm mostly excited about the weekend because my parents are coming in for a visit! I know I just saw them at Christmas but there is something fun and different about having them on your turf. We are having a dinner before at a fab Italian restaurant and then I send them off to the opera, we might High Line it beforehand, and I'm hosting a brunch (with actual guests!) with my new waffle maker on Sunday morning! I'm pretty excited to say the least. Have a wonderful weekend, ya'll!



Alicia B.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Where can I go to see some of your photography? Maybe you should post some. Have a wonderful weekend

Alicia B. Designs said...

Heidi--Thanks for asking! www.aliciabdesigns.com is my website and I've just redesigned it. Let me know if you have questions. Thanks and have a great weekend too!

Alicia B.

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

Have a wonderful weekend w your parents!

xo,
cristin

Robin said...

I saw The Young Victoria last weekend and loved, loved, loved it! If the costume designer doesn't win an Oscar then there is no justice in this world.

Hope your brunch was a smashing success!

sarah said...

love those teacups!

sarah
www.pittsburgh-odds-and-sods.blogspot.com

Lain said...

Those teacups are gorgeous! Wish they were mine!