Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Eve Partay Wrap Up

I hope you all had fabulous New Year's Eves whether you were cuddled up at home watching a movie or out on the town dancing up a storm. I had a mini party in my apartment with a few old and new friends! I had the most fun time decorating and baking for this party. Like I mentioned earlier, I wanted to use the color green throughout to keep the holiday spirit up but now have it look like Christmas. I used blues and greens mostly and I think it looked festive and fun.

On my tiny nautical hors d'oeuvres tray, I set up some glasses for Champagne. Each one was tied with a little knot of the blue ribbon. I think it adds a little something extra.

I made and decorated these cookies, you'll see close ups later. In one of my gorgeous Juliska bowls that my sister gave me as a gift, I put some of my new green ornaments that I bought 50% off after Christmas. It was a genius time to buy Christmas stuff because it's all on sale. I also made bruschetta which is maybe my fave thing to eat at a party.

I bought these gorgeous green and white flowers and spread them throughout the apartment. Instead of confetti, which is a drag to clean up, I got wrapping ribbon and curled it and made little ribbon curlies. They looked tres festive, no?

I made good use of the otherwise useless filler from the flowers I bought and spread the green around the room in random vases that I have. And yes, I bought munchkins. YUM.

Here is a close up on my ornament bowl.

It never hurts to have fresh fruit like these wintry clementines there. They look so orange in the blue bowl.

In my efforts to phase out the Christmas decorating and move towards New Years, I just switched the ribbon on my little tree that was wrapped in this gorgeous Lee Jofa plaid fabric. I got this little blue gros grain ribbon at Kate's Paperie, I believe.

Here are the cookies that I mentioned earlier. I received a cookie decorating book for Christmas, Cookie Craft Christmas, and it was very inspiring. I made wreathes, snowflakes, birds, and hearts.


Glamour shot of a snowflake.

The recipes and the ideas were so much fun. I can't wait to zip out and get some more cookie cutters and adapt some of these ideas to other seasons!


All in all, I had a fantastic New Years. Not only was I pleased with my little soiree, but I was surrounded by great friends and loved ones which is really the best way to start a new year. Happy New Year's everyone. Let's make 2010 a great year!


Alicia B.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

it looks awesome alicia!! i want those cookies NOW lady!!! :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :)
xoxo,
lauren