Friday, August 22, 2008

Bookcase Painting

Amazing Katie Ridder designed this fun living room. 


I have some rather boring dark mahogany finish bookcases and really wanted to do something to punch them up a bit. Painting the back of them makes the objects in front pop more, adds interest to an otherwise boring bookcase, and can be a fun weekend project.

See below for some fun examples, including putting fabric on the back!




Living room by Jason Bell in House Beautiful. I pretty much love this entire living room. Everything.

Some fun fabric options for a blah bookcase! I like the one on the left the best. Pretty fabric.


Sunny Yellow color from Domino Mag


Hopefully this bookcase distracts from that leopard sofa.


http://www.dominomag.com/howtos/diy/2007/04/howto_paint_bookshelves DIY project from Domino Mag.

Alicia B.

2 comments:

Alicia B. said...

hah, I stumbled upon this post when searching for "diy bookcase". I thought it was funny that you're also an "Alicia B.", just like I am!

Alicia B. Designs said...

Glad you found me! Funny we're both Alicia B's who take pictures too!