Sunday, June 21, 2009

Before and After: Foyer

After much design therapy with these two LUNATICS that I adore (my older sister and BIL), they have finally given in to my wishes and added some elements to their front hall under the console table! Their console table is beautiful, but the whole moment looked...empty. Anyway, I convinced them to put something under it to draw attention to the space. My BIL really took to the idea of ceramic elements, a grouping of three so he and my sister chose a celedon urn, a ceramic garden stool (love!), and a wooden pagoda to go with their other Asian inspired pieces around their apartment.

I love their little cluster of three. The different sizes and they way they are arranged adds depth to the space.

Such beautiful colors. Taken from below.


I wonder what I'll make them buy next! Perhaps it's time for a visit to Chicago, yes?


Alicia B.

2 comments:

Raina Cox said...

Love the celadon garden stool.

Tommy Bahama Bedding said...

I like the grouping - makes the space so much more interesting :)