Thursday, November 12, 2009

Farmhouse Sink Love

When I grow up and have a large converted farmhouse, my first order of business in the kitchen is to have a farmhouse sink. I just adore them. They look soft, smooth, luxurious and beautifully country.

Usually when I think of a farmhouse sink, I think white glazed ceramic. I do love this stainless steel one though. By Ruthie Somers via House Beautiful.

Woah I adore this. This might rival my favorite kitchen ever by Joan Schindler. I know those are strong words but this is so spacious and calming looking. From Living etc.
Gil Shafer can pretty much do no wrong in my book. Painted floors in a kitchen? LOVE IT. Painted interior cabinets? LOVE THEM. Farmhouse sink? You get the gist.


Via Simplified Bee. You can use many different materials for the same idea. I wonder how well copper holds up in a kitchen though...

Kyle Timothy took something pretty traditional looking and made it super edgy! I love this look-it's so chic with the glass tiles on the backsplash and this modern looking farmhouse sink.


I'm not sure if its the fact that it looks like a tiny tub, or how well it looks with a sweet country kitchen but I must have a farmhouse sink one day. I love how it extends down into the cabinetry below it too. Do any of ya'll have one? Is it everything I think it is?


Alicia B.

5 comments:

down pillow said...

Love this style of sink, too :) They remind me of my grandmother's house in Greece - she had one with white & grey marble.

Alicia B. Designs said...

Your grandmother's house in Greece??? You have no idea how jealous I just got.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nishant said...

Your grandmother's house in Greece??? Work from home India

Farmhouse Apron Sink said...

Hi all,

The sinks are extra long, some as much as four feet or more and deep enough to wash every pot you own. There are a single basin styles and others have two deep basins. Some have drain-boards on one or both sides. There are many styles and types of these sinks. Thanks!