Friday, April 9, 2010

Friday Faves

This week has been AMAZING because the warm weather finally came--but now it's been quickly ripped away from me and I've been left with rain and 60 degree weather. I'm practically left shivering compared to the 91 degrees we had two days ago. Yeah, I like warm weather. I'm really ready for it. WELL. Enough about me, let's get to Friday Faves, yes?
In my previous post I wrote about Scott Sanders' new book, Picture Perfect. This living room in a beach house is so full of color and life (from his website). I love the bright turquoise and the wall paper in the far room.

Lately I've been doing a lot of sewing (b/c i love to) and making pillows out of all the fabrics I have. I made this pillow a few nights ago from Lee Jofa fabric I believe. It is a gorgeous ikat and I backed it with a dark elephant grey linen. Right now it's $45, but when I put it up on my website it will be $52 so email me (aliciabdesigns at gmail dot com) if you're into it.


Whilst looking for some more inspiration fro my yellow dresser, I came across this great bedroom in Country Living. I think this really seals the deal with yellow and blue--they just look great together.


I'm off on a hot date tonight (with the bf) to Atlantic Grill- I'm pretty jazzed. I'm also working on a framed map sort of project which I'll let you know more about later! What are you all up to this weekend? Hopefully I'll get to spend some time outside if the rain holds off. Have a great weekend everyone!

Alicia B.

4 comments:

Jeannine | The Small and Chic Home said...

You are pulling out some great inspiration pics lately...ones I haven't seen elsewhere yet, too! Thank you!

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Scott's book has to be amazing if its anything like that room he designed. Simply stunning. The pillow you sewed is terrific too. I love to sew as well. Hoping your night out was great and the warmer weather returns.

Cheers ~ deb

Pemberley said...

Pillow looks great!

twin xl said...

Love that last image - such a pretty space :)