Monday, December 6, 2010

Kate and Will Change The World...


...of interior design. Ever since Prince William and Kate Middleton got engaged (and stole our thunder.), there has been SUCH a buzz about sapphires. I suppose when the most influential people in the world get engaged with a 1000 carat sapphire, it will come into fashion in a very big way. I love Kate's style as well as her ring--she always has cute dresses and hats. I read an article that said that sapphire blue interiors would be everywhere for the next few years. I'm on board.
We could all do with a few more hats like these, right?

A wonderfully organized office. I love that pillow on the chair and I can't wait until the day that I have rolls of in a woven basket in my office. Homes and Gardens UK.

J. Crew. SUCH a pretty and simple dress. This is a great shade of blue and this dress looks so comfortable, too!

Eddie Ross designed this room with toile panels and this lovely fabric on the bed--love it.

Silk embroidered linen fabric by my favorite company, Vaughan!


SUCH elegant interiors by Mary McDonald. Blue and white interiors are incredibly timeless.


Here is a more mod-squad interior from Elle Decor with a deep blue striped floor--quite fun! I wish I could see more of that bed, it looks bright.

Okay so let's face it, blue is timeless no matter what shade it is. Will Kate and Will change a lot? Yes. I hope so. I do love that deep sapphire blue color--I hope that there are tons of shades of it everywhere in fashion, fabric, and design (you know, more than usual!).

Alicia B.

2 comments:

Decor Arts Now said...

I have a sapphire engagement ring too, but not quite so big:-)!
Love the collection of blue rooms especially the office. I can't seem to get my office to look stylish even tho it is a nice space! Lots of kid made desk accessories and clutter. Oh well
Xo,
Lynn

Alicia B. Designs said...

Sapphires are beautiful! And let's face it nobody's desk STAYS that way--you'd never do any work that way!!

xoxo
Alicia