Sunday, September 30, 2012

Glittery Stuff

Have you ever seen a brass kitchen?  Probably not.  This one took my breath away by Kelly Wearstler. 


So I'm obsessed with two things right now (besides my new job and my husband)--metallics and animal prints. I know metallics and things that glitter are taboo for the preppy girl but a girl needs sparkly stuff, right?  YES. 


A great spot to do something dramatically metallic is a powder room.  This fish scale wallpaper  is stunning and sparkly. 

I've been long obsessed with Porter Teleo fabrics and wallpapers so I am naturally loving this silver  animal print one.

Can you find the sparkle in this room?  A gold accent on something organic like a tree stump is the perfect mix.  Could also be a really cool DIY project.   By Joe Lucas from Lonny Mag. 
I'd love to make some fun throw pillows from this Gretchen Bellinger fabric.  
Alex Papachristidis always delivers a lot of glamour--dramatic brass and silver accents on the furniture and the table lamps. 
Diane Von Furstenberg loves a little sparkle.  This Piaza Dress with sequins on it would be a great winter cocktail dress.  Nice gloves too. 
And finally, here's a little picture of how i'm adding a little glitter into my life.   Penny Talk from Essie is my new color for the week!  

Anyone else out there adding some sparkle to their life?  Your house?  A client of mine just bought the Serena and Lily Metallic Suede and Hemp Rug.  It's SO pretty and adds just the right amount of glamour to her sweet apartment.  

Alicia B. 

1 comment:

Hillary said...

If you would have described that kitchen to me, i may not have believed it.... but WOW!!! There are no other words!!