Thursday, July 2, 2009

White Interiors for a Color Monger

I have a bit of a reputation for being a color monger, so I thought I'd expand my palette, so to speak, and love on some white rooms. I'm finding them very calming and full of personality as they can't rely on color to make them beautiful.

Marie Claire Maison. These beams and this little elevated seating area looks like a great place for a mini party with tapas and mojitos with friends!

This living room is designed by Lynn Morgan. It looks so peaceful with the pretty pale colors and the tall simple drapery (not to mention the amazing beams and wooden brackets).

This is a tres romantic bedroom, oui? Love the fur, love the headboard, swoon over the chandelier. Elle Decor.

What a lovely dressing room. I love the contrast of the deep rich floors with the sweet feminine wall paper and white walls. Madeline Stuart.

This is designed by Benjamin Noriega Ortiz, who loves to design with white. If you need tips on how to live in a white home, skip on over to If the Lampshade Fits who reviewed BNO's home from the NY Times.

So, what's the verdict? I'm thinking very beautiful to look at, but not practical for someone like me to live in. They are graceful, feminine, and calming looking to be sure, but every time there is a little bit of color, I'm more drawn to that in the end. Happy Thursday!


Alicia B.

8 comments:

Verdigris Vie said...

Hi Alicia
What a beautiful gallery of white interiors. I love to admire them, but they are just not practical for my lifestyle. I keep thinking that I need to grow into the phase of a white interior. wonderful dressing room.. maybe that could be a start !!

Lovely
Vitania

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

I love color too! I rarely tell someone to paint a room white, but lately I've been changing a bit and have fallen in love with white.

I don't think it will work for me in my home, but maybe if I had two homes I would do one in whites and creams.

Ah a girl can dream!

Hope you have a good 4th of July!

Dumbwit Tellher said...

More fabulous examples why I struggle with white or color! All of these are gorgeous. How cool is that elevated sitting area. I have always wanted a conversation pit, but that is great too!

beachbrights said...

Clorox Bleach would be your friend...

XOXO

Raina Cox said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Sweetie!

I'm stealing that Elle Decor shot for "The Daily Bed."

Alicia B. Designs said...

ooo Raina,what an honor!

The whitest I ever went was getting a white quilt...

Daly Essentials said...

I was afraid of white for such the longest time and now I just love it!! Bleach and the fact that I am a white wine drinker and not red really helps!!

Tommy Bahama Bedding said...

Gorgeous photos! I really love the first one - the elevated sitting area is so cool.