Friday, July 31, 2009

Rando Design Inspiration Friday!

I'm so happy it is Friday again, as always! I know most people have left for their country homes, but I'm staying in the big bad city this weekend. Enjoy some of my fave pics from this week!

I bought a few books downtown at a used bookstore about Provence interior design and I'm falling in love all over again with France. So romantic. From Kimberly Seldon's blog.

This sun drenched room looks so relaxing and whimsical. By Sharon Simonaire.

This chair with the caning is possibly everything I've ever wanted from a chair. Okay, maybe that was a tad dramatic but I still love it. By Kimberly Seldon.

Hmm, maybe I wish I were going to my country house (parent's house) this weekend after all. Nothing is quite as lovely as reading a good book on a porch with a beautiful view. From Country Living.

Oh Albert Hadley, you never disappoint me. From the patriotic eagle to the painted floor to the canes by the door, everything in this room is gorgeous.


With all this heat and humidity it makes going outside a big hassle unless I plan on going outside and not moving at all. I will be going to a garden party this evening though! What do you all have planned for the weekend? Whatever it is, I hope it's fun!


Alicia B.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Stay cool & with everyone away I hope the lines are shorter wherever you land...maybe you can get a table for chow quicker too!!!

Anonymous said...

Lavender seems to be a big deal lately. They're growing it in California for commercial purposes. Fad or garden and interior design classic???

Down Pillow said...

The country can be such a relaxing getaway. I love the Country Living pic of the porch - what a great spot to hang out :)

Anonymous said...

Your photographs you posted were absolutely gorgeous!
-I can fall in love with France any day; it truly is a beautiful place!-

P.S. Maybe you would enjoy my blog; it’s brand new, but here’s the URL:
http://rachelscottagehouse.wordpress.com