Monday, August 31, 2009

Antiques Garage Saturday Adventure.

This weekend was too much fun! On Saturday, my friend and I braved the rain and headed on over to Antiques Garage and the Hell's Kitchen Flea Market. Antiques Garage, on 25th street has always been a favorite of mine and may I just say, it was a success.

How gorgeous are these patterns? There was so many pages of them and I wanted them all but wall space in my apartment is growing scarce.

Butterflies! They also had many beautiful botanical pages.

In this booth they had the sweetest old cursive practice books. These were so carefully done, and this one was actually framed.
A + GOOD JOB! Btw, it says "Eat to live, do not live to eat."

After taking a fencing class with the US Olympic Fencing team a few weeks ago, my bf is a master fencer! I should have gotten him one of these antique fencing masks.

Woah.

I really loved this woven basket and really wanted it but it was broken on the bottom.

Here is super fun lantern that my friend found. That would be a great accessory on a window sill, coffee table, or bookcase.

There were SO many buttons! Buttons galore!

And, yes. I got some. These will be really useful for pillow making.

The best part was that we found what we were looking for! My friend needed a mirror for the living room of her apartment and wanted something round or oval with an interesting rim. This one was just taken from a home the day before and my friend scored it for $60! I'm obsessed with the rope detail on the rim.

Here it is in situ! Without the weird man from above! It was the perfect size as well.

Tomorrow I'll show you our adventure to the Hell's kitchen flea market and what we found. I can't wait to go back when it's not raining and there are more treasures to be had.

Alicia B.

8 comments:

CLAIRE WATKINS, ASID ALLIED said...

Looks like you found great things (and plenty to amuse). Would love to frame pages from cursive practice book or the prints above it. Mirror looks great-that strong round shape always reminds me of a porthole, so stately & elegant.

Ally said...

I have never been to a flea market, and the only antique store I've ever been to scared me so much (as a child) that I was completely turned off to them. I guess I'll need to muster up the courage to go back. Love the lantern & botanical prints!

Unknown said...

I'm afraid to ask: what happened at the antique shop? I've always had a good time, and every time I visit, I'm always amazed by what I find.

Nicolette
http://www.furnitureanddesignideas.com/

Jessica said...

too bad we didn't catch a photo of the eccentric individuals who we saw along the way...mom's SUCH a fan of the mirror!

LindsB said...

What a fun time, I love going to antique stores and just poking around to see what treasures can be found. Love the mirror your friend got too!

Alicia B. Designs said...

Thanks guys!

Miss Jessica--I'm more and more happy about that mirror. Let's take another trip when the weather is better, yes?

xoxo

Down Pillow said...

Thanks for the show & tell :) And what the heck is that book all about?!?

Alicia B. Designs said...

Down Pillow--OMG I have no idea! I certainly didn't buy it but couldn't resist showing all of you...