Friday, March 27, 2009

Happy Friday--because I'm back.

So, I'm back! I have lots to catch up on and over 100 posts in my Google Reader (yikes-ville) to read. Are there new trends that I've missed? Are butterflies still in? OMG so much to worry about! Here are a few pics from my awesome trip to Miami with my sister! It was warm (mid 70's) but pretty much one big wind gust the entire time. I powered through though and burned myself to a crisp and added a few more freckles. YAY.

I found this ridiculously Miami looking office building near where we were staying. Mosaic tiles meant to look like water and these cool stairs were surrounded by a moat.

This is an apartment building. Yes, it's light turquoise. EESH. I'm just going to say that I didn't LOVE the Miami architecture. I respect the art deco as a movement, but it's not my fave.

One of many shots of the beach. Here's the coast guard--swoon. Isn't the color of the water amazing? It was like that the whole time.

Yup, this huge margarita happened. Twice.

Though I'm back in frigid New York, it's a gorgeous day. Since I have the day off (because I took it off) I'm going to finally go to the Met! It's been probably 9 months since I've been there and I need some art. What are your weekend plans? I'm also going to head over to the Architectural Digest Home Design Show on the Piers tomorrow. I went two years ago and heard a talk by Vicente Wolfe! Has anybody been yet?


Alicia B.

2 comments:

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Yay! Your back. Don't worry I think butterflies are still in. I love freckles so the addition of more are great in my eyes. Glad the trip went well. I'm going to the AD show tomorrow as well!!!!

Down Comforter said...

Glad you had a good trip - that margarita looks so good :)