Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Pretty in Pink and Green: Lilly Pulitzer Rousseau

Gorgeous Lilly Pulitzer Rousseau


I read an amazing article about one of my favorite clothing designers, Lilly Pulitzer in W Magazine today (you should read her story). My friends will be rolling their eyes at me, but I just love the patterns and bright colors. They are so happy and fun and remind me of summer--what is better than pink and green?? (Please keep reading my blog.) Lilly was a socialite but she didn't come without a few pitfalls on her way; anxiety attacks, and a trip to "the nuthouse," as she called it. She survived though and it started her on her way to an incredibly successful clothing line and lifelong passion. While I have several dresses and skirts, I'm still interested in Lilly Pulitzer product for the home! Check out what I found... Oh yeah, these make great gifts for the holidays, too!


There is lots of Lilly Pulitzer fabric on Ebay. HERE is the original search.
LillyGZStore for 35/two yards.


A Lilly bulletin board! Organized and preppy. Perfect.
Here is the store. $24.99


I may or may not have the year round entertaining version of this book. It was a gift, I SWEAR!

How precious is this? So pretty.
From Macy's on sale for $49!

Pink and Yellow pretty magnets made from Lilly fabric. I'd super love these on my fridge!
Etsy by Looking4Lilly for $9.95

Gingham and Lilly fabric made into an apron and perfect for Christmas as the little lions are wearing Santa hats. From etsy from Totes By Charlotte for $40


Wow, is there no end to peoples' creativity? I'm not ashamed of my girly preppy taste. I think everyone could use a little more sunshine in their lives even if it comes in the form of a Lilly Pulitzer magnet!

Alicia B.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting this! Did you wonder about the necklace Lilly is wearing? It's from Meg Carter Designs (the "Kennebunk", on megcarterdesigns.com).

I happen to be Meg Carter, and just discovered your delightful blog when googling for an image of Lilly in my necklace. Love your blog - look forward to following you!

all the best,

Meg