Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Nobody Ever Suspects the Butterfly...


I just wanted to share this little DIY project I found on this DIY blog (thanks Kate!). If you wanted to really get into the butterfly trend this spring, here is something you could do! I must admit, I'm coming around. This blog, Finedivingchicago.com has really cute before and after pictures from furniture found in alleys, dumpsters, and on the street. I'm not going to lie, I've been there before (HERE) and sometimes you can find the best stuff. Then you can put your mark on it, and make it your own!


Anyway, this table went from a boring wooden table to a sweet nightstand with butterflies on the top! Did you see the sides of this table? The detailing is so beautiful. It sounded like a fairly low maintenance project and the results are so cute! Plus it involves decoupage, and that's ALWAYS a good thing. Have fun.


Alicia B.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh so cute!!!

Averill said...

I'm not that into butterflies, but I like this. It looks like one of those old displays of preserved butterflies -- more scientific than sweet.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a huge butterfly fan - birds are more my speed, but this table is adorable :)