Friday, April 24, 2009

Rando Design Inspiration Friday!


ADORABLE flowers from this great blog I found, Nestledin.

It's that time again! FRIDAY. This is a new section I'm doing because it's Friday, we've had a long week, and we just need to kick back and relax with some nice images to help us through the day. I've had a rough go of it this week: adopted a cat, fell in love with him, and then returned him the next day because he viciously attacked me twice, jumped on my back, and began stalking me around my own home looking to attack again. Heartbroken. And yes, you can laugh.

How delightful is this little scene in my dear little CT? I wish I could see more of that sweet looking rug. And I DIE for the caning in those chairs. By Philip Gorrivan.

Tea time with Jackson Aaron? Yes, please. Only If I can face the wall though at all times because I can't take my eyes off those thick grass cloth panels.

Yeah yeah, I'm predictable. I love the new Lilly Pulitzer collection.


I love when things are out of scale like the giant 1930's factory clock that takes over the ENTIRE wall here. This room can pretty much do no wrong in my eyes, especially with the two non-matching armchairs with salmon pink fabric. By Jay Jeffers.

This kitchen is by Barry Dixon. Personally this is a LOT of island for me but I am absolutely enthralled by the lantern over the table--I love the perforated holes.


Word on the street is that it's going to be in the 80's this weekend in NYC. This means I'll be lying in the park reading the last book in the Twilight Series, Breaking Dawn (don't judge me!!), and as many design magazines as I can get my hands on. I might try again on a kitten too...though I'm pretty emotionally scarred. What are your plans for the weekend??


Alicia B.

3 comments:

anusha said...

OMG lish. So sorry to hear about your cat. It must have been extremely scary especially when the cat attacked you twice. Adopt a dog :)
Love the pics. Thanks for sharing. The flowers did bring in some warmth and freshness to my day!

Down Comforter said...

Sorry to hear about the cat not working out :)

Alicia B. Designs said...

yeah, the cat was traumatic...i'm thinking about a kitten though!

Glad to brighten your day!