Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thursday Night Craft Project


At Easter we each got a super cute box (see above) from the Easter Bunny full of jelly beans, skittles, and chocolate eggs. Well, now that Easter is over, I wanted to get some good use out of this box. I saw THIS project for a remote control holder from Martha Stewart, and decided to give it a go. This will come in handy as I've finally decided to break down...and get cable (that I have to pay for).



I was FORCED to eat all my jelly beans right away so that I could make this box! FORCED I tell you!

I chose this great blue and white floral toile fabric, cut it to the height of the box plus about 1/4" extra on each side.

I then took fabric glue and adhered the fabric to the box! Next, I took this grey grosgrain ribbon from Kate's Paperie and put it on the inside to cover the raw edge of the fabric that I folded over.

Yay! Look how cute it is!

Here are the two remotes that I have. Don't they look comfy spooning in my new pretty box!?


Alicia B.

4 comments:

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

I agree they look very comfy. Great project!

anusha said...

love this box. very soothing fabric.

Down Comforter said...

Great little project! I just hate to throw away perfectly good gift boxes.

Anonymous said...

BIG surprise you went for toile =) I personally am using a french bread basket for our remotes.