Thursday, October 1, 2009

Old Skirt= New Clutch!

I wanted to title this post: Stuff to do while watching Vampire Diaries, but it was too long and I had second thoughts. Anyway, I've been wanting to do this for a while but I made a clutch! I had a super cute skirt from Banana Republic that was not really in style anymore and I didn't end up wearing it all summer and the guilt was killing me. I needed to do something useful with it because I really did love the fabric. So...CLUTCH!

First I put little magnets under the waist of the skirt, folded it down, secured it in place and reinforced it to make it stiffer.

Then I folded it and pinned the layers in place.

Woo! Sewing time. Luckily the skirt had a nice light grey lining which became the lining of my new bag.

Then I turned it right side out and put a huge button on the top as a cute accent!

Close up.

My fave thing was the really amazing pleating in the skirt and it showed up really well in the clutch too, right? This little guy will probably make his debut Friday night!


Alicia B.

5 comments:

Caroline said...

Wow, you are really talented. This is a fabulous clutch!!

Unknown said...

Very cute! We used to do this kind of stuff with jeans when I was a kid.

Down Pillow said...

Love it - too cute! I so wish I knew how to sew :(

Heidi said...

I love Vampire Diaries, silly I know but it's my secret indulgence. That clutch is so super cute.

anusha said...

cute. Nice diy work.