Friday, May 1, 2009

Rando Design Inspiration Friday

Phew! It's been a crazy week, has it not? What with the swine flu scare all over the world, me launching my new website (!), and finishing up the semester at school with my final last night, I'd say we need some design inspiration! I know not a whole lot of that stuff applies to all of you, but you know what I mean.

This lovely sitting room in a country house designed by Mariette Himes Gomez is calling to me. Clearly this person has a collection of antique boxes, and what a great way to display them!

What? You left the door open for me? Don't mind if I do! This sunny yellow foyer was designed by Bierly-Drake Associates.

I just got a signed copy of Albert Hadley's book of sketches and I'm absolutely in love with this library (and Albert Hadley). He just sketched that...it's just amazing. You should, if you are in NYC this weekend, pick one up at the Kip's Bay Showhouse on the Upper East Side.


Plans for the weekend? Since it's raining I'm not sure anymore, but I've very excited to be volunteering at Kip's Bay. I can't wait to check out all the amazing rooms that I've heard about/read about. Yay for Friday!


Alicia B.

No comments: