Friday, September 4, 2009

Random Design Inspiration Friday!

Ah, Labor Day Weekend. Summer's Last Hurrah. Tear. This weekend is our last chance for fun. EVER. Sorry for the dramatics but classes start up next week and I don't know when I'll ever see the outdoors again after I start. There will be drafting, planning, color scheming etc and I'm totally psyched! Here are some "Last Hurrah" pictures for you on this lovely Friday!


Sherrill Canet designed this cozy little den. I love the soft dark coral with the rich chocolate colors in the room. I could read a book here for hours.

The whimsy in this room is so light and fun, yet I'd still feel comfortable in this bedroom. I especially love the ivory bedspread and that amazing headboard. By Sara Bengur.

Is anybody going up to their family's summer home in Maine? Well, this is from a home in Camden Maine. I just adore the plain linen on the back and patterned blue fabric on the front on this chair. By Chatfield Design. Gorgeous photo by © Sarah Szwajkos Photography


This weekend I'll be making my last trip home for a while as I will be chained to a drafting table for the next few months. I'll by hanging out with my sisters (and BIL) and my beau as we celebrate my older sister's birthday! YUM cake. Or pie? I'm so excited because we are so rarely all together anymore. Another tear. What are your plans?


Alicia B.

7 comments:

Down Pillow said...

LOVE the headboard in the second photo & the chair in the third! Thanks for sharing & have a wonderful holiday weekend :)

CLAIRE WATKINS, ASID ALLIED said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that chair. Good luck with school starting up again!

pennyrounds said...

Love your blog! Can't wait to read all your posts and beautiful images!

Developing Designs said...

Luv the painting in Sherrill Canet's space. Did I say luv? :)
I hope you enjoyed your time with the family (there never seems to be enough time to do so), your last weekend of freedom, and I certainly hope there was some delicious cake. Good luck with school and the many all nighters you might be pullin'.....been there, done that. It's all worth it! :) Promise.

Alicia B. Designs said...

Thanks for all the kind words of encouragement everyone! Hope you had a fab weekend!

xoxo

Unknown said...

Who says school has to take away all the fun? The room adds flair without overcrowding the space. I'm sure school will only help you find more inspirations like that one.

Nicolette
http://www.furnitureanddesignideas.com/

Chatfield Design LLC said...

Alicia, you have a great eye...and thanks for posting both websites. Good luck with school...you will be out one day!