Thursday, October 16, 2008

Domino: The Book of Decorating (GET IT NOW)

Last night I attended the book signing for the new Domino book, Domino: The Book of Decorating, at the Conran Shop on 59th street! I had the pleasure of meeting and briefly talking to editors, Dara Caponigro, Deborah Needleman, and Sara Ruffin Costello (and they all signed my book!). I think it's really amazing and inspirational that these three women are running this ultra successful magazine--an inspiration for any young person, especially a woman. It's classic but cutting edge and fun. I look forward to receiving the issue every month and I'm by accident subscribed to it until 2012! www.dominomag.com


Anyway, the book is amazing. Nothing like judging a book by its cover; look at it, its adorable! The book guides you through each room with floor plans, gorgeous pictures, furniture guides, and even helps with window treatment/ drapery styles. It's especially helpful for people just starting out such as myself. You can flip to a certain page and have your question answered (how high should I hang a light fixture over a kitchen table?) right away.

One of many helpful furniture guides.



You should def buy this book; I'm so happy that I've added it to my quickly growing library of design books. Also, I had never been to the Conran shop but I could literally spend hours there. For someone who loves shopping and then shopping for household items and organizational thing...this place is a dream. My friends should expect gifts for Christmas/ Hanukkah from there. Or the Domino book!


Alicia B.

3 comments:

Emily Amy Gallery said...

I cannot wait to head out and get it...it looks great and several other people have suggested it to me already. Yeay, another thing for my Thanksgiving/Anniversary/Christmas wish list!!

Gloria Huang said...

Hi Alicia,

I'm organizing an event with a interior designer from General Motors who specializes in color and trim for car design-- the event is in the Washington DC next Monday and we would love to have you there if you're free and in the area. If you think you might like to hear more about the event please shoot me an email!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great review. I also subscribe to Domino and look forward to it every month (although somehow I didnt receive the October issue!) Anyhow, I will add this to my wishlist.
Rachel