Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Transformers! (the original kind)


At my first ever job (my last job) I was a shop girl at an antique store. Among the many old antiques that I loved, I discovered these metamorphic pieces; a bench that turned into a step ladder or a chair that folds down into a bench. They looked like they would be perfect in a library or a sitting room (in my imaginary home in the English countryside).


This one is quite industrial. It reminds me of those stools from art class.



A cute antique bench that morphs into a step ladder.




RED AWESOMENESS.


I would reupholster this and put it in my stodgy English library.


This is from Target actually--a chair and a desk!


From Treehugger.com this retro futon folds into a wooden coffee table.


From Treehugger.com I found this crib and changing table that doubles as a day bed and desk! I think it still looks like a crib but......



Alicia B.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So with that Target chair/desk, you basically have to buy two, right? I mean, you still have to sit somewhere. Thoughts?

Unknown said...

These are SO cool! I love the red one!
Love your blog!